Honest Buck Accounting’s Top Recommended QuickBooks Online Integrations: QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Time
It’s no secret around here that the Honest Buck Accounting team has a preferred small business accounting software program that we regularly recommend to clients: QuickBooks Online. In general, QuickBooks Online is an easy-to-use program that helps business owners track money and gain important insights about their business. In this blog series, we highlight our top recommended integrations for QuickBooks Online, and following is a brief overview of QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Time.
If you’re looking for a payroll service that complements your existing QuickBooks Online accounting software, look no further than QuickBooks Payroll. The QuickBooks Payroll integration offers great features that make payroll processing a breeze. Here are a few of our favorite things about QuickBooks Payroll:
- Auto Payroll – Free up your time when you set payroll to run automatically.
- Same-Day Direct Deposit – Keep cash on hand longer and pay your employees on your schedule.
- Automated Taxes and Forms – Payroll will calculate, file, and pay your federal and state payroll taxes for you.
- Tax Penalty Protection – Payroll will pay up to $25,000 if you make an error and receive a payroll tax penalty.
- Expert Support – Call an expert or start a chat when you have a question or need to review or complete your setup.
In addition, you can expect the following from QuickBooks Payroll: fast, unlimited payroll runs, employee portal, availability in all 50 states, ability to manage garnishments and deductions, and easy-to-read payroll reports.
In our experience working with clients who use QuickBooks Payroll, we have noted that the system is well-designed to provide accurate payroll reports that our clients understand and that we don’t need to “clean up” from incomplete information. Everyone wins with this QuickBooks Online integration!
Another great integration for your existing QuickBooks Online software is QuickBooks Time. With QuickBooks Time you can simplify the time-tracking process and enjoy flexible options for yourself and your team. Here are a few standout features of QuickBooks Time:
- On-to-Go Time Clock – Employees can access the time clock from their phone, tablet, or personal computer and clock in or out with just one click.
- Mobile App – The time clock app makes it easy to track, submit, and approve employee time from virtually anywhere.
- Scheduling – Build employee schedules by jobs or shifts and then quickly edit, publish, and share the schedule with your team.
- Integrations – The program connects seamlessly with QuickBooks Online accounting software to automatically sync accurate employee time tracking data for payroll and invoicing.
- Reports – Gain important business insight with real-time, interactive reports. Predict time needs for job costs, plan for payroll, and increase profitability.
There are a couple of limitations to consider with QuickBooks Time. The first one is an inability of the program to separate out specific allotments of employee time usage. For example, it won’t separate out vacation time and holidays. A second limitation is that the program’s geofencing technology does not prevent employees from clocking in or out from an unapproved location, such as home. If you’re willing to work within these limitations, QuickBooks Time is a great integration for your accounting software.
QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Time are some of our favorite QuickBooks Online integrations. If you are looking to save time, money, and energy on your payroll processing and time-tracking procedures, we recommend giving them a try!
Schedule a call with Honest Buck Accounting to learn more about our professional accounting services for Early Childhood Education businesses.
Share this article
What Is the Augusta Rule?
The Best Daycare Schedules for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
10 Ways to Stay Healthy as a Childcare Provider
How to Encourage Timely Pick-ups from Parents at Your Daycare or Preschool
Important KPIs to Track for Your Early Childhood Education Business
Know Your Numbers